People v Namon Taylor

On April 27, 2016, defendant Namon Taylor was convicted of two counts of second degree robbery, and possession of firearm by a felon with priors.

Between May 2015 and November 2015 Defendant Namon Taylor and his former co-defendant, Lacarl Dow, were being investigated for a series of robberies that had occurred at convenience stores in counties throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. In Alameda County, Defendant Taylor committed two convenience store robberies on October 21 and November 19, 2015.

On October 21, 2015, Defendant Taylor entered a 7-Eleven convenience store on Davis Street in San Leandro, and selected a drink from the refrigerator. He took the item to the clerk, and handed over a five dollar note. As the register opened, Defendant Taylor pulled a black semiautomatic handgun from the front pouch of his hoodie. He pointed the gun toward the store clerk, who backed away from the open register. Defendant Taylor kept the gun pointed at the clerk while he reached over the counter and grabbed three-hundred eighteen dollars in cash, before he fled the store.

Members of the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) had begun a physical surveillance of the Defendant and Lacarl Dow due to SFPD’s investigation into multiple robberies, including the October robbery in San Leandro. On November 19, 2015, at approximately 9:45pm, SFPD officers witnessed Defendant Taylor drive with Dow to a Chevron gas station in San Leandro,where they parked approximately 100 feet away. Dow waited in the car whilst Defendant Taylor walked into the Chevron gas station market. Defendant Taylor selected a bottle of water from the refrigerator, and then went to the store clerk. Defendant Taylor handed the store clerk a ten-dollar bill, and as as the register opened, he pointed a gun at the store clerk and demanded money. The store clerk backed away from the open register while Defendant Taylor grabbed approximately $110. Defendant Taylor fled the market and was caught directly by the SFPD officers.

Defendant Namon Taylor will be sentenced on May 25, 2016. The case was prosecuted by DDA Keydon Levy with assistance from DA Inspector Gus Galindo.

Posted on May 2, 2016